Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another Sewing Project...Red ruffle bathing suit!

This week was another really busy one. For some reason, spring where I live is very late, so I've had some rainy indoor time to sew when things slow down. This week, I made something for summer....

A red ruffle bathing suit!

This was my first time working with ruffles. It look lots of patience, but overall I felt like it worked out.

For this bathing suit, I used no directions whatsoever. I started sewing out of my own head! The part where the ruffle is located is what was originally going to be the neckline, and I was planning on making it 2 peice, but I eventually decided it looked cute on the waist. I then sewed on the upped body peice, and added straps.

back.

See how I did that?

What do you think? Should I make another bathing suit like this in the near future?


5 comments:

  1. Oh, that is cute! Nicely done. I really like the orange fabric. Rebecca seems to like it. :)

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I think Rebecca does like it. I got that red fabric from my Grandma. (sorry if it appears orange in the pictures) :)
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I keep meaning to get some fabric to make clothing for my AG dolls but I haven't been to the store yet. I have made a pair of purple sweat pants and a tank top before though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that suit is gorgeous!! i like the way you changed the neckline, i dont think you had that when i was over??

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! I was just about to ask you if you got that fabric from Grandma!!! I remember it- I know I'm weird! Suit looks great! Can't wait to see you when you get to the beach:-) oxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!