Saturday, April 2, 2011

Doll Chairs!!!

This weekend has been full of projects! I have another one to show you today. For several months now, my dad and I have been working on some doll chairs.

In the fall, I bought this chair for a dollar at Goodwill. Then I had an idea. "My dad and I could replicate this chair!" I thought. So I asked him about it and he agreed. We have pretty busy lives, so it's taken us awhile to work on it, but I've thoroughly enjoyed doing it with him, and I've learned a lot!

Here are the parts to one of my chairs. We are making 3 total, so I will have a set of 4. We changed a few things, like our back rungs are not square and the seat is not woven.

This is after we glued one of the chairs last night. It had to wear clamps over night!

Here are the chairs now! (We have to make an adjustment to the seats on the other 2, they will be done shortly.)

I think we did a pretty nice job replicating, don't you think?

Samantha and Ellen are sitting in the new chairs. Rebecca pulled up her rocking chair.

They're the perfect size!

I love my new chairs! They will be so great!

Thank you Dad for helping me make them. :)

2 comments:

  1. love it! i want to make a bed for my doll with my dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... those chairs are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!