Thursday, September 1, 2011

Technical Stuff...PLEASE READ!

This is going to be a post with a lot of words. :) And not so many pictures. But I really need the help and would love it if some people (who are better blogger experts than myself) would help me! So, bear with me. Read this post, and comment if you know any of the answers to these dilemas.

First...Has anyone tried Blogger interface? On my dashboard it has a pop up box with a message about the new "fast, sleek, modern, blogger interface." It says you can "try it out" but I kind of like blogger the way it is now, in some ways and NOT in others. So, if you've tried it...do you like it? Do you reccomend it?

Second...Tabs. I really want to make tabs on the top of my blog for different pages...like "Meet the Dolls," "Fun Stuff To Do With Your Doll," "Great Doll Websites," etc etc. I have researched this and people say it is HARD to do. I have read directions on how and I still don't really get it. If you have tabs on your blog, can you leave me a comment about how you did it?

Third...The Great Picasa Problem. My computer WILL NOT let me upload ANY photos that it does not store on my online Picasa space. I'm sorry, but I kind of need that space. I share photos with family and friends on it. And my space is filling up fast, and if I delete anything I have posted here on the blog, it leaves me with red Xs and white boxes. so, what do I do? Should I open an account with somebody else, like photo bucket? Any other ideas?

Well, thanks for helping. Please leave a comment if you have any advice.
More doll related stuff tomorrow, hopefully.
Rachel~Doll Girl

UPDATE: THANKS FOR THE HELP! I've already added a few pages to my blog. More coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    1) We are using the new Blogger interface and it seems okay.

    2) In the old interface, to make "Tabs" you go to "New Post" at the top right of your blog. Click that. Then select "Edit Pages."

    Then there is a blue button that says "New Page." That is what makes a tab, and a new page on your blog. Then you keep coming back to "Edit Pages" to make changes on these pages and delete them etc. It is fairly easy.

    In the new interface you can basically do the same thing. Click "New Post." Click the "Close" button. Then you'll see a "Pages" button on the left menu. Click that and you will see "New Page." Select that and select "Blank Page." Then you give it a title and fill in the page just like a normal post.

    3) We use Photobucket. We have many free accounts there that hold a lot of photos. And two Pro accounts, paid. And we like them all. They work great for us and we highly recommend using Photobucket.

    Hopefully this helps! Let us know if you have any questions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do we get to find out who was the criminal in the mystery game???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!