Monday, August 1, 2011

My Dolls Move!

Yes, you read that correctly! My dolls have moved! My sister and I switched rooms this weekend, she has my old one, and I have her old one! It has kind of a cut out in the side of it, so I made that the doll house.  This is kind of just a temporary set up, and some things may change, but for now, let me give you a quick tour!
Finished room!

The two white things at the bottom of the photo are my white shelves. One is facing into the doll room and one is facing out so I can display my tea sets. I did it like this to create a half wall, and seperate the doll room from my people room. :)

This is the reading area.

Samantha and Rebecca's bed.

Kit and Emily's bed.

Ellen and Molly sleep on the shelf.

Kitchen area. :)

The best part is, I can do a lot more in my doll area now. There is a tiny bit more space for me as the human to be able to move around. AND, it has MUCH better natural lighting, so I can take better photos in it. I always avoided photos in my old closet because the lighting was so bad.
What do you think? Please, react or comment! (Or BOTH!)
(PS. I have started using lables. Hopefully that will help you all a little bit.)

8 comments:

  1. I love the room!!! I wish I had something like that to make a doll house out of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute! My favorite area is the seating area that couch is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your doll room! I wish I could do that in my room, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, cool post. =) I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rachel! I love it!! I made a doll house in my room the beginning of this year. It kind of get messy because of my two year old sister :) Oh well. It works!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's an awesome room! I love Addy and Ellen's bed/shelf/thingy. =)

    <3 Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. American Girl Dolls Rock---Thank you so much! I got the chaise lounge at a garage sale. It opens up for storage.
    Caelen---Thank you! :) And also, thanks for following.
    Kirsten---I WAY understand. My sister is a little older than that, and she's curious about doll stuff too, but she knows what she is and is not allowed to touch. But my younger brother is the same age as your sis and he really loves my dolls too. I have a large tea set collection, so I have my room gated off right now. At least til he gets older.
    Jamie---Thank you! Shelves are great for doll stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could gate my room off, but me and Addie share a room, so I kinda can't lock her out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!