Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beach Dress

So, this afternoon, I felt in a sewing mood! So I asked Rebecca to help me make a beach dress. I got this fabric in a big Goodwill bag of fabric. I didn't like it at first, but after I made it into this cute dress, I love it! I didn't use a pattern, I just sewed and came up with it on my own. (Hint: Some of my best outfits have been out of my own head!)

Here it is. Not very exciting is it?

So,  I added this cool button and ruffle. But something is still missing, don't you think?

So, I added a top strap!



I thought it kind of looks like something Kanani would wear.





It's a wrap style dress, it hooks in two places!

Do you like it?

7 comments:

  1. omg rachl that is so cute!! and i have that same fabric to!! i should totally make on like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops, meant rachel:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Glad you like it.
    Isabel, you should try to make one too! That woild be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Very tropical. I NEED to sew that.....

    ~*Emma*~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do it! Maybe I'll do a how to post for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!